Friday, April 17, 2009

00:42


Artist: Robinson
Album: The Great City
Country: U.S.
Year: 2006
Myspace

Track Listing:

Part I. The Great City of Salvation
Part II. The Great City in Peril
Part III. The Great City of Desolation
Part IV. The Great City of Ruin


Songs on the album are divided into 10 unnamed tracks.

Robinson are(were?) a spastic grind band from some sweaty pit of the United States. Their music was ferocious, uncompromising and has such an intensity it seems they are just barely hanging on to themselves as their bodies thrash and flail around. The result? A 20 grindfest about a colossal city divided into 4 parts. They are supposedly writing/recording/grinding a new album entitled "Fuck Everything" but I haven't heard a damn thing about it since early 2008 or something so I'm not going to hold my breath. Until then I'll add Robinson to the list of great bands with only one release to their name.

link: Mediagrind.

You can purchase this album here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They were from somewhere in northern Ohio, most likely between Toledo and Cleveland. Their singer was a roadie for From a Second Story Window for a while. I only remember him as "Debbie" but that's just a moniker. It's cool you posted this, I never actually listened to them.

brutalex said...

They were so good. They were supposed to come by my town with Cloacal Kiss but, of course, shit didn't happen.

Unknown said...

"Debbie"'s real name is John.
I'm bummed I never got to see them now, good shit.